This is the purse I made for Auntie Sue. She actually asked for a different purse, but I’m a dick and I can never just give people what they want. Actually, the purse she asked for had been knitted and I just didn’t feel like knitting, but also, I’d been trying my damnedest to modify the knit pattern to crochet and it just was not working. So, I spent and evening flipping through my pattern books for inspiration and stumbled across a really ugly hat. Go, look it up in the Stitch n Bitch Happy Hooker Crochet book, it’s called the “Strut”. I just hate the hat, but I made the larger pattern option and added a few rows and knit and I-cord handle and Voila! We have a purse. I even popped a few flowers on there for extra cuteness. If you want me to make one of these for you I need you to send me 4 skeins of Noro Kureyon yarn in any colorway you like.
Enamored with how quickly this purse stitched up and how cute it was when it finished up, I wanted to make more! Fate is rarely on my side, but people will always need gifts. My cousins, Emily and Rosalie were going to be at Christmas dinner. What girls don’t like scratchy wool purses made by their weird cousin with the blue hair??
And then there’s the jam making. I foolishly did not get any photos of the 120 jars of jams, syrups or relishes that I canned at my mom’s. I also did not get any photos of the jams I canned here or even of the mustards. Dammit. And I really loved the labels I made for them along with the names:
- Dona Frambuesa’s Easy Kitchen Sauce (chili-raspberry lime glaze)
- CornBob RelishPants (corn relish)
- Heather Ward’s Def Strawberry Jam (strawberry lemon marmalade)
- Redbeard’s anti-scurvy sauce (orange raisin and cranberry sauce)
- Leminger (lemon ginger marmalade)
- Red Squirrel (strawberry ginger syrup)
- St Maple’s Extreme Nerve Calmative and Itch Tonic (maple pecan syrup)
- Hawaii 5-0 (pineapple, lemon, orange, ginger marmalade)
- Herr Saftiger’s Wundermustard (mit spice)