There’s a lotof stuff in my house right now. Lots of stuff. I needto start at one end and just start clearing, oraganizing, putting away or trashing. I’ve got a party coming up and people coming in from out of town for that. So yeah, clean, organize, hang up art, plan menu, plan service scheme. Smile.
The coffee shop that I go to is part of this little collection of shops, a used bookstore, a hair salon, a yarn shop, a jitzy gift shop and maybe something else. All these little independently owned neighborhood shops. This weekend they had their little community sidewalk sale/fundraiser thingy. They had odds and ends out on the sidewalk to buy (totally did not buy yarn though they had some great cotton stuff on sale). The owner of the used book store apparently is also the owner of all kinds of used things and weird collectibles. He had 3 or 4 tables of record albums out there baking in the sun just waiting to be pawed through. At onepoint I totally wished that 1) I had a camera and 2) I had the power of invisibility. Three guys digging around in the records, each a singular representation of lonely basement dweller, combined, they made up a living, breathing clone of The Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. Beautiful. I loved them.
David is DONE moving, no more moving. He’s cleaning the last bit in his place, then he’s done. God I hate the act of moving. I’m never doing it again. I’m going to be one of those crazy ladies that lives in the same place forever and ever.
Why was my paycheck $50 more than usual this month? Pancake party time.
Paying my bills and I have these complaints:
1) When asking for the account number for my cable account, why don’t you indicate in some way that you don’t want me to use the hyphen in the middle of the number. In fact, why is it that you put a hyphen in the number and then don’t want me to use it. Why is it that you do not indicate this in any way you just keep telling me that what I am entering is wrong? Why must I be the one to try cutting off the extra zero at the front of the number or the zero at the end or the 2 digits after the hyphen and then finally removing the hyphen all together before figuring this out? Not very user friendly.
2) Why can’t I just make a one time online payment to the gas company, why must I be forced to sign up for constant, automatic billing? I don’t like that. I like to be able to make the choice.
3) The second form to be filled out to sign me up for an online account for my insurance has a fucked up ‘continue’ button. It won’t go anywhere. You click and click and click but it does nothing. You also can not just hit ‘enter’ from one of the fields either. So i had to send them a check.
4) If you want my checking account and my bank routing numbers I would think you would ask for the routing number first and the account number second as that is how they are presented on the check. 50% of the forms ask for it backwards.
5) I hate that every site has different requirements for passwords but in some cosmic joke as you sign up for these sites the requirements become progressively harder. If the hardest requirement was early in the game I’d have adopted that as my standard password. Sadly, I’m forced to make harder and harder passwords and I can never remember which site gets what when I go back. My deleted items folder is FULL of emails telling me my password every month.
Okay, no more bill complaining.
Finally going to go see Penguins tonight. Going with all of David’s family. Go us!
The outside smells like hamburgers. I wanna party with whoever is making good smelling hamburgers.
Today I look like Jeffy from Family Circus.