Happy holidays people! This is my crazy post of the season. I’ve been crazy busy all week shopping, hanging out with people and whatnot.
* First off, I got almost all my Christmas shopping done. I promised people that if they did not have an Amazon wishlist they would not get anything. I came through though and managed to get things for people! (see how I make myself out to be a hero? I do this because it’s true, I am a hero. A great big sparkly hero). I even broke down and bought wrapping paper instead of gift bags. I got dinosaur wrapping paper and not Santa paper, but I’m sure you understand. Hell, I even got little mini bottles of bubbles to tie on the packages. I’m swell.
* Nothing upsets a puppy more than seeing things that are obviously for him getting covered in paper and tape. Yes, I bought gifts for the dog and wrapped them for him. He’ll get to unwrap his gifts and everything.
* I am heading up to my mom’s for Christmas this weekend and in true-to-me fashion, I am completely unprepared to be away from home. I need to clean, do laundry, finish wrapping presents and go to urgent care to see if the swelling in my throat, glands and ear is the result of a treatable bacterial infection (strep) or sux-o-matic viral infection (flu). If treatable I need to get antibiotics now because…
* I go to my mom’s on friday, come back sunday and fly out to New Orleans on Monday leaving me no time to get to a doctor if I need one. Also, I want to get this treated ASAP because…
* I’m going to New Orleans to spend a week with the boy and his family. Meeting the parents is kinda nervewracking. Ick. BUT I will be in New Orleans and I will go the aquarium and eat good food and finally see the boy after missing him all week. Also, the weather will be warmer than this negative degrees of cold crap.
* Stupid fucking cold weather, I hate you.
* Peanut butter cookies kick ass. Homemade peanut butter cookies made by a coworker as a bribe for a favor are all the sweeter.
* I have a chuck roast simmering away in my special secret chili spices at home right now. I haven’t made chili in a long time, I’m kind of excited about this. The leftovers will have to be taken by Alan as I will not be home for a week starting tomorrow.
* Last Sunday I went grocery shopping and after putting everything away I realized that I was not going to be home all this week for dinner (with the exception of chili night tonight) and I would not be able to eat this food. My friends will be getting lots of perishable groceries.
* The actual DAY of Christmas never has that much significance to me. People keep saying ‘3 more days! Aren’t you excited??’. Well, honestly, no. With the various and sundry Christmas dinners and celebrations spread out between the divorced parents, friends, other families and whatnot, the actual DAY of Christmas, 12/25, gets a little lost. It’s cool actually, because I have a whole month of getting to celebrate instead of concentrating it all on one day.
* For the first time in YEARS my nails are chewed. I haven’t chewed my nails in the longest time. I sort of nibble on them occasionally, or I gnaw on my thumbnail, but I never chew them in such a way that my nails look short and chewed on. I think the combination of really cold, dry weather combined with holiday madness has conspired to make my hands look like those of a 14 year old emo girl.
* Yeah, I’ve rambled on enough. People, you have yourselves a happy happy holiday week. Eat a lot, hug a lot, hump a lot if you have someone or something to hump, find one person and forgive them, eat some fruitcake to remind yourself that this is the worst thing you could possibly eat, bundle up and enjoy the ride.